Welcome to the Child and Parent Centre – Rangeway.
Our centre staff Jennifer, Emma H, Emma KP and Sylvia make sure programs, services and supports needed by families in the area are easy to access and use. For example, the Coordinator may ask a local organisation to run a parenting workshop or arrange for the child health nurse to be at the centre on set days each week.
Other services and support include:
- free maternal and child health services including the Child Health Nurse, speech pathologists, Paediatric Feeding Groups, visits from continence services and local dieticians
- parenting advice, resources and information including Family Counselling Services and the Ngala Parenting Line
- referrals to other services
- free early learning programs such as free school holiday activities
- free playgroups including a weekly “drop-in playgroup”, a “Dad’s & Mum’s” group for 0-12month old’s and a “grandparents playgroup” which runs at the local QEII Seniors & Community Centre
- free Triple P sessions and psychologist visits each term
- visits to and from the local Library to support Story Time
- free parenting programs including HIPPY, Circle of Security, Protective Behaviours, Bringing Up Great Kids
- occasional large, family oriented events during National Families Week and Children’s Week in partnership with the Midwest Early Years Network
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter for more information about upcoming sessions and events at and through the Child and Parent Centre – Rangeway, and in locations around Geraldton.
The Child and Parent Centre – Rangeway is managed by Ngala Midwest Gascoyne in partnership with Rangeway Primary School.