Welcome to the Child and Parent Centre – Swan
Our centre’s innovative approach to education and care ensures young children get the very best start in life. Our programs and services are designed to help both the adult and child participants to overcome significant life challenges and to proactively strive towards achieving a brighter future.
Our range of programs and services:
- evidence-based parenting programs
- child and maternal health services
- Aboriginal child and maternal health services
- high quality early childhood education
- transition-to-school programs
- health, wellbeing, life skills and nutrition education
- family support
- children’s counselling
- mother’s groups
- father’s groups
- young parent’s parenting and education program (16 to 19 years)
- Certificate 1 and 2 in Adult General Education.
We know that learning is most effective when it is in a positive and safe environment and the early years from pre-birth and 0 to 8 years are critical for establishing sound foundations and positive life paths. The Child and Parent Centre – Swan partners with other agencies to offer a seamless integration of health care, early year’s programs and education as a universal service, family support programs and services are diverse, flexible and responsive to local community needs.
We are proud of our long term community presence and commitment which has resulted in deep levels of community trust, strong local knowledge and a well-established relationship with the local community.
The Child and Parent Centre – Swan is managed by the Shire of Mundaring in partnership with Middle Swan Primary School.